Sunday, November 14, 2010

All Star of the Week!


Give it up for this week's All-Star... JANET!




Full name:     
·      Rae Eun (Janet) Lee

Nickname:
·      When I was young, I used to love potatoes (I still do).  My family called me Miss Potato.

Which three adjectives best describe you?:          
·      Caring, generous, and a listener

Where are you from?:         
·      I was born in South Korea, and lived in Anaheim, CA for 15 years.

What do you do for fun?:    
·      I love going to karaoke with my friends.  I’m not a good singer but it’s a fun way to hang out with friends and release some stress.  I also catch up with some TV shows and movies during my free time.

Favorite TV show(s) and why:
·      I was introduced to Big Bang Theory by my brother.  I think that show is HILARIOUS!  I’m a nerd.

Favorite Adult Beverage:
·      Soju and beer mixed together to create Korean “Bomb Shot.”  I don’t drink much.  I promise.

Top songs on your itunes play list right now:       
·      “Like G6” by Fareast Movement.  I went to see their performance and it was so fun.  And, it’s on the radio ALL THE TIME!

Favorite food or restaurant:                       
·      I like sushi and Korean food.

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?:
·      I want to travel around Asia first.  I find each Asian country so similar yet so different from the other.  I want to go to Hong Kong, Japan, and China.

What’s the best (or worst) thing that has happened to you during your fieldwork thus far?:          
·      The students are full of love.  Each day I return to fieldwork, the students say, “Yay, Miss Lee is back!  We missed you, Miss Lee!”  I love the energy and smiles they bring to my days.

Favorite Holiday:      
·      Christmas.  It’s so colorful and cheerful!  I start playing the Christmas songs as early as beginning of December.

If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?:
·      I love animals, but I never wanted to be an animal.  If I have to choose, I would like to be a lion.  Why?  Because I love the movie “Lion King.”  LOL.

What made you want to become a teacher?         
·      I’ve always loved children.  I worked at a tutoring center during my undergraduate years.  I found myself enjoying helping children, and thought teaching is something I can be good at.


Alright so whose ready for a Cohort A Karaoke Night?!? Miss Lee will start us off with her rendition of a Far East Movement song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment